Windows XP problem
Launch System Restore from a command prompt in Windows XP.
Launch System Restore from a command prompt.
- Restart your computer and press [F8] during the initial startup.
- When you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select the Safe Mode with a Command Prompt option.
- Select the Windows XP operating system.
- Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
- Type the following command at a command prompt:
Being that you're running in Safe Mode, the graphics will display differently to normal but you can still follow the onscreen instructions to restore your computer to an earlier state.
- This applies to both Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional.
- Your data will be unaffected by the System Restore